Measurement is not an end in itself …
Measurement does give objective evidence to base decisions on:
- control of manufacturing processes
- verifying and certifying products against specifications
- guaranteeing safety, security and protect the environment
Statistical methods can be applied throughout the measurement process.
This handbook present the subjects as a matrix with these two indices:
- Measurement process – from definition of the measurement problem and demands on measurement systems & methods, through development and application of measurement systems, to presentation and interpretation of measurement results
- Statistical methods – the most common methods which are used at different stages in the measurement process
- Short history of this site – based on academic and industrial lectures by the author developed since the 1980s.